Head of Communication Eurosport Events
Eurosport Events is looking for a communication senior profile to manage its communication Department during a 6 months’ maternity leave. The Department gathers a team of four Eurosport internal staff and five external staff to manage on daily basis and on events.
EEL Communication department scope includes the following areas:
- Global communication
- Event Promotion
- Media Relations
- Social Media
Eurosport Events head of communications is responsible for developing/implementing communication strategies and insure the overall promotion for its championships. He/She has to manage and supervise a team on a daily basis and external staff on-events. The field of expertise is including the following sectors:
- In cooperation with the event promotion manager, define the organization, development and delivery of promotional plans for international series.
- Provide strategical proposals, tailor made for the promotion of events in each market.
- Deliver qualitative communication tools and define global briefs & processes for promotional activations.
- In collaboration with the media delegates, develop the PR strategy and Content Plan.
- Supervise daily media monitoring & provide media analyses/ event.
- Understand the media landscape in Motorsport and build a content driven media strategy to maximize awareness on relevant media platforms.
- Identify and propose opportunities of media venues and media programs to insure coverage from local & international key media.
- Together with the Community Managers, develop and manage social media footprint; and, develop/create content in line with the social media strategy for every platform.
- Integrate social media content into overall event promotional plans (campaigns, events, activities, sponsors, drivers…) to create deeper fan engagement.
- Management of Eurosport Events championships ’websites – daily input from Communication executive and specialized agencies.
- Development and management of the WTCC E-Sports strategy with PR, Social Media, Digital and promotional activations on-events and throughout the season.
- Together with the hospitality manager, implementation of the hospitality strategy.
- Development of commercial plan to develop the hospitality business.
- Management of a dedicated hospitality unit on EMEA events & Hospitality services on all oversea events (Around 1500 VIP guests/season).
Presentations / Reports
- Conception and production and of all communication/ marketing presentations.
- Input on all the Marketing event reports (around 30 reports per year) in collaboration with the communication executive.
Management of services on year basis with dedicated agencies
- PICTURES: Two photo agencies for all the championship’s official pictures.
- DESIGN: Three graphic/design agencies for the production of global communication tools.
- DIGITAL: Three web agencies for hosting/development, web media monitoring & media rooms.
- MERCHANDISING: All the merchandising for the 4 championships.
- TRANSLATIONS: 6 languages for championships’ websites & official communications.
- Management of a dedicated Communication budget.
- Work with legal team on all Communications contracts and services.
- Reporting on activities.
- +10 years of experience in communications.
- Expertise in sports sector.
- Fluent English as daily work with international team.
- Available for travels.
- Management experience.
- Availability for international travel with weekend work.