Group: Legal Affairs
Location: WADA Headquarters – Montreal, Canada
Reports to: Director, Legal
Posting deadline: 19 February 2018 (9:00 AM EST)
The Paralegal is a key member of the WADA Legal Affairs team. The Paralegal will work in a complex and changing environment where legal, regulatory and reputational risks must be constantly considered. The Paralegal is expected to work autonomously as well as collaborate with other members of the WADA team.
The Paralegal contributes to the group’s success by drafting, reviewing, commenting and revising legal documents, preparing legal summaries, and providing administrative and legal assistance regarding the various forms, procedures and correspondence submitted to the group. As part of his/her duties the Paralegal has access to sensitive and confidential data and must exercise discretion.
In addition, sound judgment, organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines are essential. The Paralegal communicates and maintains relations not only with his/her colleagues on the team, but also with the group’s various stakeholders as well as outside counsel.
- Support the Legal Director and legal Managers in their daily activities;
- Research and summarize decisions;
- Prepare expert statements;
- Draft legal reports and letters;
- Monitor results management by signatory;
- Assist in the preparation of yearly legal report and statistics;
- Administer agreements, legal and results management database;
- Review translations of legal documents.
Profile – Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bilingual English/French;
- Able to draft documents in WADA’s both official languages, French and English;
- Additional language(s) an asset;
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in a law firm is required;
- Experience or established interest in sports law;
- Very precise and detail-oriented;
- Very good organizational skills;
- Very good analytical skills;
- Very good drafting skills;
- Fit with organization culture and values (e.g. teamwork, team spirit and love of sport).