Responsable du Développement Commercial et de la Stratégie de Marque
About EHF Marketing GmbH
Based in Vienna, Austria, EHF Marketing GmbH is the marketing arm and a subsidiary of the European Handball Federation. The company works closely with marketing and media partners, as well as with Europe’s leading clubs to realise the full potential of the sport on the international sports market. EHF Marketing GmbH is responsible for the marketing and media rights of club competitions including the VELUX EHF Champions League, Women’s EHF Champions League and the Men’s EHF Cup. Further information: eurohandball.com, ehfCL.com, ehfTV.com.
EHF Marketing GmbH is looking for an experienced Head of Business Development & Brand Strategy, with a strong sales track record and experience within the sports industry to work in closest cooperation with senior management and to generate new business opportunities for European handball’s top club competitions.
You are self-aware, well-spoken on the phone and eloquent in emails. You're a charismatic person who can easily talk to anyone on any company level. You are flexible and excited to develop existing partnerships and elaborate new ones.
- Leading the development and structuring for the Europe-wide business strategy
- Identifying, developing and managing new business opportunities to attract existing customers and potential new partners
- Leading the development of digital media and digital marketing strategies
- Monitoring social media activities and digital marketing campaigns
- Developing the strategic positioning of the brands
- Supervising the design and development of presentations and sales documents
- Planning and organizing of business events
- Initiating and planning negotiations with potential partners
- Working closely together with the EHF and EHFM management board
- Professional with at least three years’ experience in a leading role within the sports market
- Relevant academic degree • Network of contacts with international and potential business partners
- Experience of working in an international environment, dealing with global issues, across different cultures and languages
- Experience in key account management and/or agency background is an advantage
- Ability to create offerings and presentation materials
- Ability to listen and understand customer requirements and attune them to the values and opportunities of the portfolio of EHF Marketing
- Ability to influence, persuade and sell global Europe-wide sports business packages
- Strong communicational skills to position the sport and its competitions
- Very strong negotiation skills • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Willing to travel and work according to event schedules
- Excellent written & spoken English. Additional European languages (especially German) extremely useful
- Flexible and able to travel on a frequent basis
- An interest in or understanding of handball is a strong advantage
Making your application
Applications should be made in writing in English, with a current CV and a covering letter setting out why you would like to apply for the Head of Business Development & Brand Strategy’s position.