Stage en management du sport – Aide au développement en volleyball, basketball, netball ou football m/f
The Sports Charity Mwanza is a Tanzanian NGO with the mission to create a sustainable sports infrastructure in Mwanza. So far, organized club structures and the necessary infrastructure have been missing. Together with the City Council and regional sports associations our Tanzanian and International team raises funds, builds sports grounds, initiates the founding of sports clubs and equips the clubs with essential training equipment. Furthermore, coaches get trained holistically and workshops are held to teach kids, adolescents and young adults important life skills.
With us you can expect more than a normal internship. We are looking for sports enthusiasts and change makers who have their heart in the right place. You will represent our international team in the Mwanza region (about 1 million people) and you will be responsible for building up sports clubs in your sport in close collaboration with the regional federations. By working closely with the people responsible for the association, local coaches, and youths, you have the chance to make a big difference. But you will also realize that you can learn a lot from them for your future life back home.
- Be a combination of a project manager, social worker, and coach in a social start-up
- In cooperation with the local authorities you will build up association and club structures in your sport
- Development of concepts for trainer qualification and participation in the implementation
- Evaluate our effectiveness, develop our charity further and support us in getting international support
- Take part in public relations, networking and have a lot of fun during and after work
- Willingness to make a difference in the world during university or before beginning a(nother) job
- Openness towards new cultures and fluency in English
- Enthusiasm for sports and social work; ideally coaching experiences or a coaching license in your sport
- Organizational skills, flexibility, ambition, and an autonomous working style
- Humor, team spirit and communication skills
- Introductory month in Tanzania
- Mentoring through Tanzanian and international project leader. The culture in Tanzania is very different to ours and we can learn a lot from each other.
- Opportunity to bring your own ideas in and to become part of a young charity team in the long run
- A modern, simply refurbished volunteer house and a volunteer culture that makes you feel home fast
- Enough days off to discover one of Africa’s most beautiful countries (Serengeti, Zanzibar, Kilimanjaro)
If you are interested in becoming part of the SC Mwanza team please send a resume and cover letter in English via the button below. Do not hesitate to ask your questions.