Paralympic Games Brand Manager (f/m/x)
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) offers the position of a full-time Paralympic Games Brand Manager (f/m/x) in an international and multicultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting in early 2021.
ABOUT THE IPC
At the IPC, we work as one team, aligned and focused on fulfilling our vision and mission. The IPC’s vision is for an inclusive world through Para sport. We believe that Change Starts With Sport, and that the work of the Paralympic Movement is a catalyst for driving social inclusion and advancing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The IPC seeks to use the influential global position of the Paralympic Movement and the growing profile of Para athletes to challenge the stigma attached to disability and empower social transformation.
The IPC is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. We supervise the organisation of the Paralympic Games and Paralympic Winter Games and serve as International Federation for 10 Para sports. We enjoy a positive working relationship with the IPC Governing Board, members of which are democratically elected every four years by the IPC General Assembly.
The IPC is a purpose-driven non-profit association. Our mission is to lead the Paralympic Movement, oversee the delivery of the Paralympic Games and support members to enable Para athletes to achieve sporting excellence. Since 1989, we have been creating change through sport with the Paralympic Games and Paralympic athletes at our core.
The Paralympic Games Brand Manager is accountable to the Head of Brand and Engagement and will be responsible for ensuring the Paralympic brand is represented in a consistent and impactful way at the Paralympic Games.
- Advise the Paralympic Games Organising Committees (OCOGs) and other stakeholders on all matters regarding the Paralympic brand, engagement and cultural programme.
- Liaise with the OCOGs Brand, Identity and Look of the Games, Engagement and Torch Relay functional area to ensure a timely delivery of all brand and engagement related milestones.
- Liaise with OCOGs on the Cultural Programme, incorporating Paralympic-related messaging and content within that.
- Responsible for the approval of all the Paralympic Games brand assets and their respective guidelines from OCOGs and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with other OCOG functional areas to deliver brand-compliant assets, such as sub-brands logos (Education, Culture, Sustainability and Live Sites programmes), ticket designs, medals, diplomas, accreditations, workforce uniforms, etc.
- Responsible for the delivery of effective, well-integrated brand and commercial assets, such as the start numbers/bibs, field of play (FOP), concessions, licensing products, licensing stores and partner showcasing.
- Support with partners and Rights Holding Broadcasters (RHBs) to ensure compliant Paralympic Games brand activations.
- Closely collaborate with the OCOGs during the transition period (Olympic to Paralympic) to ensure the timely and compliant delivery of the Look of the Games plan and signage for competition and non-competition venues.
- Close collaboration with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to ensure aligned communications to the OCOGs.
- Collaborate with the OCOGs and IOC in the delivery of Knowledge transfer projects and Games Management brand-related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or design with five years’ experience of working in a brand team.
- Knowledge of branding for sports events
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Flexibility and ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage shifting priorities
- Good negotiation skills and able to handle conflict or confrontation in a professional manner
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested and provide a good match with our requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English and in pdf via the apply button below.
For this position, we will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis.
The IPC is an equal opportunity employer, and we especially encourage individuals with an impairment and members of minority groups to apply; we support the relocation process and provide transitional accessible accommodation. For further information on the IPC, please contact us or visit our website.