International Relations Manager
Founded on 14th April 1900 in Paris, the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) is the world governing body for cycling. Its mission is to develop and supervise cycling in all its forms and for everybody, as a competitive sport, as a healthy recreational activity and as a means of transport and having fun. Additionally, the UCI promotes a number of its own events, including the UCI Road World Championships, an iconic annual event, and a wide range of other UCI World Championships and World Cups across the various disciplines. It is based in Aigle, Switzerland, at the UCI World Cycling Centre.
- Further develop and maintain excellent relations with the National Federations and Continental Confederations
- Facilitate the implementation of the UCI President's Agenda 2030 commitments such as, among others
- Strengthening and supervise the UCI Solidarity programme for National Federations and Continental Confederations
- Supporting National Federations in the elaboration of their development strategy
- Supporting National Federations in the writing and implementation of an Agenda
- Developing educational tools for National Federations
- Contribute to the drafting of quarterly activity reports and prepare related presentations
- Manage the development, layout and mailing of the monthly UCI newsletter, working closely with other UCI departments as appropriate
- Set up, manage and develop the database of National Federations and Continental Confederations
- Develop and manage the National Federations' extranet
- Organise seminars on specific topics requested by the National Federations
- For UCI events such as, the UCI Cycling World Championships and the UCI Congress, lead the coordination and logistical work, both in the office and on site, for organising meetings and welcoming National Federations and Continental Confederations (hotel reservations, travel arrangements, visa applications, registration of delegates at the Congress, general coordination of transfers, VIP reception, etc.).
- Prepare and manage the budget in relation to the different planned activities.
- Higher education or equivalent
- At least 5 years of proven experience in managing international relations and cooperation
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with stakeholders
- Diplomatic and negotiating skills
- Excellent command of written and oral English and French, other languages a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Flexibility to travel and work regularly at weekends.
Start date : immediately or to be agreed
Join us and you will have every opportunity to use your skills, to be involved in current sporting activities and to contribute to the success of a modern and dynamic organisation.