Event Project Coordinator
Pour son Département des Sports, l’UCI recherche un(e) :
Coordinateur(trice) de Projets Événements (100%)
Founded on 14th April 1900 in Paris, the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) is the world governing body for cycling. Its mission is to develop and supervise cycling in all its forms and for everybody, as a competitive sport, as a healthy recreational activity and as a means of transport and having fun. Additionally, the UCI promotes a number of its own events, including the UCI Road World Championships, an iconic annual event, and a wide range of other UCI World Championships and World Cups across the various disciplines. It is based in Aigle, Switzerland, at the UCI World Cycling Centre.
Reporting to the Major Events Delivery Manager, the Event Project Coordinator will coordinate specific administrative activities and projects related to the UCI Cycling World Championships and the UCI Emerging countries World Championships or any other identified event hosted on a 4-year cycle. He/she will be responsible for supporting the planning and delivery to a high standard of these events.
Responsibilities and mains tasks:
- Coordinating and completing the arrangements for the UCI delegation attending these events (accommodation, transportation, accreditation and event hospitality arrangements)
- Administering the awarding of athlete quota for events, and of the resulting sport entries, timing, and results process
- Supporting with post-event follow-up such as debriefings, closure of accounts, post event reports, and transfer of knowledge to the next organisers
- Operationally coordinating and monitoring various tasks during the events mentioned above
- Supporting the delivery of various transversal UCI Sports Department projects
- Monitoring and facilitating communication between the organising committees, related organisations and the relevant UCI collaborators
- Preparing for attending and ensuring the timely follow-up of events preparation meetings and debriefings, including preparing agendas, meeting minutes, tracking of actions and the coordination of various services for events in which the UCI has specific event delivery responsibilities
- Supporting the preparation of the documents required for UCI management, commissions, project reviews, technical meetings, conference calls and sports workshops.
- Professional experience in the coordination of specific administrative activities related to the organisation and delivery of major sports events is key for this role
- Significant project management experience related to sports events
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage several files simultaneously
- Fluency in French and English, with excellent writing skills in both languages
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work alone and within a team
- Rigourous, motivated, curious, open and flexible
- Good interpersonal skills
- Available to travel and work at weekends
- Interest for cycling a plus.
Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) has been EDGE ‘Move’ certified since January 2022. EDGE certification is the international reference standard for organisations in terms of gender equity. The UCI is the first international sports federation to be EDGE ’Move’ certified. Start date: september or to be agreed Join us and you will have every opportunity to use your skills, to be involved in current sporting activities and to contribute to the success of a modern and dynamic organisation. If you are interested in this position and you meet the criteria outlined in the profile, please apply sharing cover letter and CV.