Director of Information Technology
FIFA is looking to recruit its Director of Information Technology to lead the IT organization strategically and manage the IT operations with a team of over 80 people and with full budget responsibility.
Core areas of responsibility and accountability
- Develop and implement the IT strategy and drive value and innovation from technology for the benefit of the organization and to serve the various internal and external stakeholder needs.
- Partner with senior business leaders to develop and optimize the full landscape of IT services and solutions for the FIFA corporate environment, FIFA World Cup and other tournaments.
- Define and deliver efficient and effective IT services in all areas including existing departments - Innovation & Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure & Operations, Football World & Corporate Products, Events IT, Information Security & IT Governance and Software Solutions.
- Drive innovation and increase the organization’s technological competitiveness with an emphasis on best-practice, user experience and cost-consciousness.
- Build and develop relationships within the organization and create synergies across the business to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions.
- Anticipate trends, initiate, and support new business ideas and recommend appropriate decisions for various technologies.
- Lead, manage and develop the multi-faceted and multinational IT organization.
- Develop and maintain accurate IT budgets, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational solutions and services.
Our ideal candidate is a highly professional IT expert with a digital mindset, a proactive and transformational change manager and team leader with a modern leadership style. She/he has the proven ability to quickly build strong and productive relationships at all levels in an international organization.
- Master’s degree or similar higher education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- 15+ years overall IT experience and a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience leading multi-disciplined IT teams of significant size.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of how to apply current and emerging technologies to business problems.
- Experience leading the reorganization and transformation of an IT organization with proven ability to take IT to the next level.
- Excellent knowledge of IT concepts, technologies, infrastructures, and systems.
- Proven track record in building, leading, and motivating a multi-disciplined IT team.
- Solid understanding of budgeting and procurement management.
- Professional certifications in IT governance and project management (e.g. CGEIT, PMP, Prince 2, etc.).
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
This is an exciting and challenging role that will appeal to a confident, collaborative, and high-energy individual who thrives in an organization that touches the heart, the soul, and the life of so many people across the globe through football.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please click “apply here” and submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters).
Only direct applications via our applicant tracking system will be considered (no applications via email/post please).
Please note that for the recruitment of this role, we may cooperate with an external executive search company. While applying, you agree that your application may be forwarded to the appointed specialists.