Cycling Esports Coordinator
Founded on 14th April 1900 in Paris, the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) is the world governing body for cycling. Its mission is to develop and supervise cycling in all its forms and for everybody, as a competitive sport, as a healthy recreational activity and as a means of transport and having fun.
Additionally, the UCI promotes a number of its own events, including the UCI Road World Championships, an iconic annual event, and a wide range of other UCI World Championships and World Cups across the various disciplines. It is based in Aigle, Switzerland, at the UCI World Cycling Centre.
- The mission of the Cycling Esports Coordinator is the development and monitoring of the UCI’s Cycling Esports strategy.
- The person is responsible for the organisation the UCI Cycling Esports World Championships, the IOC Olympic Virtual series and management of the UCI Home Trainer Certification process.
- He/she is also responsible for maintaining and updating the UCI Regulations related to Cycling Esports, establishing a UCI Calendar and UCI Ranking.
Keys duties and responsabilities:
1. Cycling Esports as a discipline
- Development of Cycling Esports within the UCI, the Continental Confederations and the National Federation
- Develop a UCI Cycling Esports International Calendar and UCI Ranking System
- Management of the UCI Regulations related to Cycling Esports
- Ensure the UCI maintain good relations with Cycling Esports platforms
2. UCI Cycling Esports World Championships
- Ensure the delivery of the UCI Cycling Esports World Championships
- Coordinate with Nation Federations on their participation
- Coordinate with International Testing Agency (ITA) for anti-doping programs
3. IOC Olympic Virtuall Series
- Work with the IOC to ensure the delivery of the IOC Olympic Virtual Series
- Development of proposals
4. UCI Home Trainer Certification Process
- Management the UCI Home Trainer Certification Process
- Work closely with the UCI’s technology and engineering partner Purdue University
- Maintain a good relationship with Home Trainer Manufactures
- Educated to a high level, with at least 5 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of the Cycling Esports and the sport of cycling
- Fluency in spoken and written English, a good level of French is an advantage
- Proven managerial skills, self-reliance, and leadership
- Project management experience
- Diplomacy and adaptability
- Sense of cooperation and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to innovate
- Ability to lead working groups and seminars, write reports (in English) and make presentations
- Flexibility to travel and work on weekends and holidays
Start date : immediately or to be agreed
Join us and you will have every opportunity to use your skills, to be involved in current sporting activities and to contribute to the success of a modern and dynamic organisation.