Vice-Président(e) des Expériences Commerciales - Olympiques & Paralympiques
The Vice President, Olympic Commercial Experiences is a key leadership role with a primary responsibility for building, developing, managing and leading the Olympic Commercial Hospitality Programme Experiences team. The Vice President works closely with the EVP, VPs, Sr. Directors, and Directors of the Olympic Commercial Hospitality Programme team to create a positive and efficient environment. This position will lead a team that focuses on the overall ideation, development, execution, and financial strategy directly related to direct to consumer, elite, and business to business experiences and operations within the official Olympic Commercial Hospitality Programme. This leader collaborates in developing and driving strategy and best practices across all Olympic workstreams, including but not limited to the Executive Leadership team, Technology teams, Ticketing, Finance and Accounting, Event Production, Product Architecture, Transportation, and Hotels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILTIES
• Build, develop, manage, and lead a best-in-class Olympic Experiences team that focuses on experience, service, excursions, gifting, hospitality, fulfillment, and deliverables.
• Establish, communicate, and execute mission and vision of the Olympic Commercial hospitality Programme; ensure alignment with the IOC, OCOGs, and the Olympic Movement.
• Develop and implement strategic annual plans, including experience development maps and timelines, sales forecasts, and key performance indicators.
• Understand client and customer needs to develop appropriate level of service plans that exceed expectations.
• Provide oversight and strategic direction to the Olympic Commercial Hospitality Programme Experiences team, specifically focusing on weekly and monthly team goals, milestones, and key deliverables.
• Focus on holistic approach to the overall Olympic Commercial Hospitality Programme experiences in partnership with Product Architecture and Event Production team leads to develop strategic plans.
• Lead collaboration efforts and process development related to operations support across multiple workstreams such as Product Architecture, Sales & Marketing, and Guest Services, with a focus on B2B strategy, the Elite program, and product approach for Stakeholders and NOCs.
• Lead experiences workstreams that ideate, create, maintain, and execute an innovative operations strategy for a wide variety of markets.
• Establish and monitor progress related to revenue and profitability forecasts in collaboration with Executive and Finance teams.
• Develop strategies and processes for creating and maintaining operational budgets, pricing models, risk and liability mitigation, and more.
• Build and cultivate relationships with partners, vendors, and key stakeholders throughout the Olympic ecosystem.
• Oversee and facilitate the overall staffing strategy for Olympic events.
• Provide leadership and direction while collaborating with leaders across the Olympic workstreams to develop standardized and efficient documented processes, operational training programs, and best practices for the Olympic Commercial Hospitality Programme.
• Identify and track opportunities to improve quality across all offerings and throughout the overall customer journey.
• Develop a mastery of our internal workflow processes and maintain a working knowledge proprietary Inventory Management System(s).
• Provide operational leadership, supervision, mentorship, and support to the team.
• Establish operational accountability (e.g., checklists, quality assurance tests, project management) for the Experiences team and share best practices across other workstreams.
• Maintain continuous knowledge of the industry to recognize market trends, identify and analyze against competitors, and develop strategies to grow our business.
• Consult, advise, and create strategic partnerships at the intersection of the Operations & Experiences team, Product Architecture team, and Event Production team.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
• Team Management: 1-on-1’s with team on a regular basis, performance management, team development, staff training, reinforcement of and accountability for processes.
• Develop, document, and implement specific procedures, systems, and operational efficiencies.
• Conduct Team and Leadership Team meetings, as needed.
• Provide leadership / feedback on process development / improvement during meetings.
• Participate in post-event review meetings regularly.
• Conduct process review/improvement meetings regularly.
• Provide input on performance reviews, bonuses, and merit increases.
• Monthly expense reconciliations, including those made on a Company-issued credit card.
• Drive focus on Continuous Quality Improvement.
• Foster an environment for participation and engagement from the Experiences team and other workstreams.
• Maintain a customer-first approach by looking at the entire event ecosystem through the lens of the customer journey.
• Lead by example, model our core values, and set the pace for the rest of the team while inspiring creativity and innovation.
• Communicate expectations and establish clarity regarding job responsibility and task ownership; help the team prioritize, stay focused, and organized.
• Extensive collaboration and communication within the team and across workstreams.
• Situation analysis and decision making; identify, understand, and remove roadblocks.
• Identify further sales and service opportunities to maximize revenue, profit, and growth.
Must be adaptable with work and travel schedule and be available to travel for work which may include extended work hours during nights, weekends, and holidays. International travel may be required throughout the year, including extended periods of remote work within local offices within host cities. Expected travel may range from 25-35% annually and 1-2 months of continuous travel during Olympic games.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee's activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality or a related field, or equivalent experience required.
• Experience in the Travel & Hospitality industry across multiple business lines and functions.
• Experience in a management position (minimum of 8+ years), preferably in the travel and hospitality industry in relation to major sporting events.
Preferred Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Extensive experience with guest services as well as event curation, execution, and/or operations.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills – a collaborative style and ability to communicate effectively at all levels with strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
• A proven record of accomplishment of strong personal effectiveness in which imaginative and distinctive leadership have been demonstrated.
• A creative, innovative, and strategic thinker with excellent time-management, organizational and supervisory skills as well as the ability to thrive in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
• Continually strives for self-development and discovering better means of accomplishing both personal and professional goals.
• Comfortable traveling and working within an international environment.
• Experience with International, Olympic, and/or major sporting events as well as the Travel & Hospitality industry.
• Experience working with multiple technology and software platforms, including but not limited to Office 365, Asana, Smartsheet, and other digital collaboration systems.
As the leading experiences company in the world, we strive to be the most innovative and passionate — the best of the best. We uphold these values in our quest for excellence:
• Exceed all service expectations with our customers, our partners, and each other.
• Create value by enriching people's lives.
• Do the right thing and bring others along with us — always.
• Propel the power of diversity, in thought, team and experience.
• Partner to generate win-win solutions.
• Ignite and empower our team's entrepreneurial spirit.
• Exude respect and gratitude — treat others as you would want to be treated.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and 401k plan.
On Location is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.