Senior Account Manager
Department: IMG Media and Events
Main Purpose of Job: Account lead for the media relationship of the following projects :
- Cycling : UCI, Tour de Romandie & Cadel Evans
- Equestrian : France Galop & FEI.
Reports To: EVP – IMG Media
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- End-to-end management of the projects between global IMG executives and senior management on IMG properties. Serves as day-to-day contact, managing the relationship between IMG and the clients.
- Attend regular meetings with the clients to update them on all media related activities, formulate action points from these meetings and follow up directly.
- Help with the rights acquisitions, including client renewals, in order to best shape the strategy.
- Strategize, negotiate and execute media rights deals; report and ensure deals are executed to the highest standard and all obligations are fulfilled by broadcast/media partners.
- Providing technical servicing and management of all media license relationships interfacing with clients and IMG resources (IMG Studios), and/or technical distribution partners such as EBU/Eurovision.
- In preparation and during each event, dealing with all queries and information flow to/from broadcasters;
- Requests from broadcasters
- Technical queries
- Contractual issues
- Coordinate all broadcast communications
- Overseeing broadcaster distribution, working alongside IMG Studios and/or distribution partner.
- Management of media websites – ensuring all broadcasters have access and correct content is uploaded
- Monitor output on social media channels
- Serve as an additional liaison between media sales team and legal department to help with contract coordination and organisation
- Review draft agreements and coordinate with legal team on comments/changes/etc.; work with all parties (clients and customer) on execution.
- Communicate regularly with IMG finance and IMG execs to ensure projections, invoices and receivables are all up to date.
- Develop and aggregate key media marketing information.
- Work alongside clients for the development of new media opportunities.
Unusual Challenges or Circumstances
- During the main events, there can be a requirement to work unusual long hours.
- International travel required for client meetings, and attendance to main events.
- Attendance at key industry gatherings i.e., Sportel, IBC, Leaders in Sport and other similar occasions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of managing high-level international client(s)
- A full understanding of media rights values
- An overview of the media business, key players and key movements.
- Full knowledge of systems, business practises, resources and personnel within IMG Media
- Understanding of new centralised communication tools – i.e. Stadium, Torch etc.
- An understanding of TV production and its technical requirements
- Knowledge of technical deliveries and rates – i.e. ability to interpret rate cards for distribution of feeds, different delivery options outside satellite etc.
- Understanding of the new media customer base in the online and social space.
- A developed understanding of media practices.
- An understanding of IMG priorities.
- An ability to gain a detailed understanding of client business requirements.
Qualifications and Training
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Should be an articulate and compelling communicator, with the ability to draft clear, fluent, grammatically accurate and concise written communications and also to present confidently;
- Competent using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet;
- Able to multi-task and highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively;
- Able to build strong working relationships with key internal contacts, e.g. Lawyers, Accountants and Sales Executives (worldwide);
- Able to exercise sound judgement, suggest logical solutions to problems and make decisions;
- Numerate and analytical in order to understand and interpret data.
- Positive personality and approach to work;
- Able to respond and adapt to change
- Self-sufficient and pro-active; team player;
- An interest in sport, television and programming; interest in the all aspects of the media business.
- Additional languages, preferably French.
- University degree and relevant work experience.