- Work closely with the Head of Safeguarding to operationalise and implement the FIFA Guardians programme and ensure safeguarding best practice across FIFA and its 211 member associations.
- Coordinate and provide quality assurance and oversight to the training and learning initiatives across the FIFA Guardians program that are currently being developed to improve professional knowledge and skills in safeguarding in football
- Conduct a safeguarding training needs analysis of member associations around the world and develop a plan to address their education and training requirements
- Oversee and deliver safeguarding training to member associations, including training of trainers (TOT), with key partners and football stakeholders
- Work with the Head of Safeguarding to develop and ensure FIFA’s corporate safeguarding policies, procedures and training are up to date and provide professional expertise in safeguarding training and case management
- Help lead on cases that do not fall within FIFA’s jurisdiction or official ethics proceedings, but nonetheless require follow-up with member associations to build safeguarding capacity in their jurisdiction by providing expert advice and support, ensuring all related procedures are appropriately implemented
- Embed safeguarding measures and training across FIFA’s programs and divisions
- Guide, advice and support FIFA staff on all aspects of safeguarding and play an active role in the FIFA Child Safeguarding Expert Working Group
- Work with the tournaments and events safeguarding manager as needed to embed and deliver safeguarding training to FIFA staff and member associations as part of operational plans for FIFA tournaments and events.
Our requirements :
- Master’s degree, postgraduate qualification in a related discipline or relevant experience to the same level of knowledge and expertise in disciplines as social work, law, safeguarding or child protection
- Excellent knowledge of English, and any other FIFA language (German, Spanish, French) would be an asset. Spanish and French language skills preferred
- An understanding of the global sporting landscape and safeguarding in sport
- A strong professional background in either social work, law, safeguarding and child protection within the statutory, sporting or voluntary sector and experience of applying that to different contexts, with at least 5 years’ experience at a senior level
- An understanding and experience of working in or with statutory and voluntary agencies and infrastructures specific to safeguarding and child protection globally, including those that specifically relate to sport
- Proven significant experience of scoping, developing and delivering safeguarding training, especially in international contexts and culturally sensitive environments, to a wide range of audiences including senior level staff through to operational support level staff
- Demonstrable ability to adapt training delivery on the basis of feedback and learning and to monitor and report on progress achieved, including any challenges faced
- Experience of both managing complex safeguarding cases and advising others to manage such cases from a remote position
- Demonstrable ability to analyze complex and sensitive information
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise actions on the basis of risk to children
- Experience of working with survivors and/or survivor’s groups to inform the ongoing development of best practice guidance and training is an advantage
- Strong identification with FIFA and resilient with the drive to overcome challenges and achieve results
- Willingness to travel at least 40% of the year
The scope of the role will range from direct safeguarding implementation of the FIFA Guardians programme - including the delivery of training and responding to safeguarding concerns - through to working in an advisory capacity for FIFA staff and the FIFA member associations.You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organization, please click “apply here” and submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and 2 reference letters).