Manager, Commercial Produits – Olympique & Paralympique
On Location is a global leader in premium experiential hospitality, offering ticketing, curated guest experiences, live event production and travel management across sports, entertainment, fashion, and culture. On Location provides unrivaled access for corporate clients and fans looking for official, immersive experiences at marquee events, including the Olympic and Paralympic Games, Super Bowl, NCAA Final Four, New York Fashion Week and more.
An official partner and/or service provider to over 150 iconic rights holders, such as the IOC (Paris 2024, Milano Cortina 2026, LA 2028), NFL, NCAA, UFC and PGA of America, and numerous musical artists and festivals, the company also owns and operates several of its own unique experiences. On Location is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports, and content company.
The Manager, Commercial Products – Olympics & Paralympics is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining an expertise related to product offerings under the Commercial Hospitality Programme for the Olympic and Paralympic Games. The Manager works closely with a team of Senior Coordinator(s) and/or Coordinator(s) of the Product team to create a positive and efficient environment focused on developing creative, innovative, and profitable experiential product offerings.
This position will focus on the overall ideation, architecture, development, inventory management, and financial strategy in relation to direct to consumer and business to business product offerings consisting of Olympic Event tickets, event day hospitality, travel components, and other assets and services.
The Manager collaborates in developing and driving concepts and event processes across all Olympic workstreams, including but not limited to the Leadership, Technology, Ticketing, Finance and Accounting, Event Production, Operations, Transportation, and Accommodations teams.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead & assist in ideating, creating, maintaining, and executing an innovative and strategic product architecture related to event tickets, hospitality, and travel experiences that is in line with the core values and vision of our Olympic Hospitality Programme.
- Detailed financial planning and budget management.
- Develop and maintain an expertise of internal workflow processes and technologies, specifically Inventory Management System(s).
- Extensive use of Inventory Management System(s) to build and manage product offerings, maintain web content, manage inventory, and extract data for the purposes of analytical and operational needs.
- Use of software platforms to assist with financial modeling, data analysis, market research, and other necessary tools to help inform decision making and manage projects.
- Work closely with our Digital and Technology Development teams to assist with strategic ecommerce and operational solutions for our product offerings, including system enhancements, testing and quality assurance, and bug resolution.
- Build and cultivate relationships with partners, vendors, and key stakeholders throughout the Olympic ecosystem.
- Key liaison between Product team and multiple other functional areas within the Commercial Hospitality Programme in order to create, build, and manage product offerings.
- Provide feedback, guidance, and direction while working with other Olympic workstreams to develop standardized, documented processes.
- Expand our ability to identify and track opportunities to improve quality across all product offerings and within the overall customer experience.
- Analyze and review financials relating to post-event sales, event expenses, payments, reconciliations, client reporting, and general ledger allocations.
- Assists the Director in supervising all aspects of the Olympic Commercial Product team, including work assignments, operational accountability, payroll/timesheets, time-off requests, and periodic reviews.
- Maintain continuous knowledge of the industry to recognize market trends, identify and analyze against competitors, and develop strategies to grow our business.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Manage inventory and product builds in proprietary inventory management system(s).
- Development, documentation, and implementation of specific procedures, systems, and operational efficiencies.
- Identify, research, and assist with product support specifically related to the needs of Sales, Marketing, and Guest Services teams.
- Maintain a customer-first approach by looking at the entire event ecosystem through the lens of the customer journey.
- Lead by example, model our core values, and set the pace for the rest of the team while inspiring creativity and innovation.
- Assist Director with communicating team expectations and establishing clarity regarding job responsibility and task ownership; help Managers, Senior Coordinators and/or Coordinators prioritize, stay focused, and organized.
- Extensive collaboration and communication within the team and across workstreams.
- Event operations and execution when/as requested under the guidance of the Operations & Experiences team.
- Situation analysis and decision making.
- Manage key client relationships as needed.
- Identify further sales and service opportunities.
Administrative & Other Responsibilities
- Conduct and/or participate in Product Team and/or other Olympic workstream meetings, as needed.
- Contribute feedback on process development / improvement during meetings.
- Foster an environment for participation and engagement from multiple workstreams related to technology enhancements.
- Conduct process review/improvement meetings regularly.
- Provide input on performance reviews, bonuses, and merit increases.
- Monthly expense and/or travel expense reconciliations.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for managing direct reports and carrying out managerial responsibilities according to the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee's activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must be adaptable with work and travel schedule and be available to travel for work which may include extended work hours during nights, weekends, and holidays. International travel may be required throughout the year, including extended periods of remote work within local offices within host cities. Expected travel may range from 15-25% annually and 1-2 months of continuous travel during Olympic games.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Sports Management, Marketing, Business or a related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in a management position (minimum of 2+ years), preferably in the ticket and hospitality industry in relation to major sporting events.
- Experience working with event ticket allocations, venue space, and other elements related to revenue generation and inventory management.
Preferred Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with multiple technologies and proprietary system development related to point-of-sale solutions, inventory management and CRM technologies, and data analytics is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – a collaborative style and ability to communicate effectively at all levels with strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Continually strive for self-development and discovering better means of accomplishing both personal and professional goals.
- Comfortable traveling and working within an international environment.
- Experience with International, Olympic, and/or major sporting events.
- Experience working with multiple technology and software platforms, including but not limited to Office 365 platform, Asana, Smartsheet, and other digital collaboration systems. Expertise in Excel preferred.
As the leading experiences company in the world, we strive to be the most innovative and passionate — the best of the best. We uphold these values in our quest for excellence:
- Exceed all service expectations with our customers, our partners, and each other.
- Create value by enriching people's lives.
- Do the right thing and bring others along with us — always.
- Propel the power of diversity, in thought, team and experience.
- Partner to generate win-win solutions.
- Ignite and empower our team's entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exude respect and gratitude — treat others as you would want to be treated.
On Location is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.