Head of Clearing House
ON THE BALL?
To support our Legal & Compliance Division, FIFA is looking to recruit an experienced and solution-oriented professional as a Head of Clearing House.
- Lead the Clearing House department within the Football Regulatory subdivision in the implementation of the FIFA Clearing House project. The Clearing House is a multi-disciplinary project comprising technological, football regulatory and financial aspects, with the ultimate goal that the FIFA Clearing House acts as an intermediary payment service provider for payments within the football transfer system.
- Own the overall process for automatic distribution of training rewards, including the football regulatory aspects in collaboration with other departments of the sub-division and in consultation with FIFA stakeholders
- Steer the Case Management group in the management of cases and claims for distribution of training rewards
- Steer the Operations group in the establishment and operation of the FIFA Clearing House entity, an external regulated payment service provider
- Steer the project communications team in the integration of domestic systems for all 211 member associations of FIFA
- Supervise the implementation of the Electronic Player Passport in close collaboration with the FIFA Connect ID and FIFA TMS teams
- Manage the relationship with third party providers selected to operate the FIFA Clearing House
- Act as product business owner of the technology solutions built for the FIFA Clearing House, both internal and external
- Support the definition of the strategy of the sub-division, define and execute the strategy of the department
- Manage the department budget, including the financial operations of the FIFA Clearing House entity
- Serve as ambassador of the Clearing House Department inside FIFA and with FIFA stakeholders
- University Master degree in economics, finance, business management, law, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience managing large scale technology or financial regulatory projects required
- At least 5 years of experience leading multi-disciplinary teams required
- Understanding of the football transfer system, its stakeholders, and its regulatory framework
- Experience as product business owner of regulation-based technology solutions required
- Experience working within the football regulatory framework is a plus
- Understanding of financial principles regarding clearing of payments is a plus
- Experience in reporting to senior management
- Fluent in English, any additional FIFA language (i.e. French, German and/or Spanish) is an asset
- Leader with excellent influencing skills
- Stamina and ability to work under pressure
- Lateral thinking, ready and willing to take the initiative, embracing change
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please click “apply here” and submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters).