FIFA/CIES Programme in Sports Management
The FIFA/CIES Programme in Sports Management aims to familiarize students with the principles and methods of global management in today’s world, as well as adapting these to different economic, cultural and social requirements. It is also to offer them management tools to allow them to run their federation, association or club efficiently, taking into account the specificities and realities of their local environment.
Currently available in 17 countries:
- Costa Rica
- South Africa
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
Video | FIFA/CIES International University Network
The FIFA/CIES Programme in Sports Management covers key areas of sports management including law, event organisation, finance, sponsorship and marketing.. Moreover, ad hoc seminars and conferences devoted to essential themes for effective sport management are regularly organised in the framework of the FIFA/CIES University Network.
Chosen by each partner university in accordance with local needs, the format of the FIFA/CIES Program in Sports Management allows students to attend academic courses while continuing their professional activities The partner universities generally adopt one of the following formats:
• Evening classes
• Evening + weekend classes
• Intensive weeks
• Intensive weekends
• Mixed classes (on-site classes + e-learning)
Students are chosen in accordance with a selection procedure which is similar for all the partner universities
• People who are already active in the world of sport at professional or amateur level (elected officials or employees of federations, leagues or clubs, employees of business, volunteers in associations, staff of public bodies) who wish to acquire fundamental tools for sport management or to adapt their knowledge to the new realities of the world of sport;
• People who are not active in the world of sport (lawyers, economists, journalists, etc.) who wish to diversify, broaden or give a new focus to their professional horizons;
• Young graduates who have just completed their studies and wish to start a career in the world of sport.
• Hold a general university degree or show significant professional experience in the field of sport (the degrees required are defined by the applicable rules in each country for university entrance – i.e. high school diploma, matriculation certificate or equivalent). In certain countries, established experience in the field of sport can replace an academic background,
• Attend a compulsory admission interview with an academic representative of the University and a representative of the FIFA/CIES Sports Management Programme
• Be involved in the world of sport (activities / projects) and benefit from group work experience.
There is no age limit.