Directeur-ice des Produits Commerciaux – Voyages - Olympiques & Paralympiques
On Location recherche son/sa Directeur-ice, Produits Commerciaux – Voyages - Olympiques & Paralympiques. Ce-tte dernier-e occupe un rôle de leadership clé avec la responsabilité principale de fournir une supervision et une gestion opérationnelles de son équipe.
The Director, Olympic Commercial Products is a key leadership role with a primary responsibility for providing operational oversight and management for the Olympic Product team as it relates to the Travel Product architecture within the Commercial Hospitality Programme. The Director works closely with Senior Managers and Managers of the Olympic Commercial Hospitality Programme Product team to create a positive and efficient environment focused on developing creative, innovative, and profitable product offerings. This position will lead a team that focuses on the overall ideation, development, inventory management, and financial strategy for direct to consumer and business to business offerings specifically related to the Olympic Travel products, focusing on attachment strategies to be inclusive of tickets, hospitality events, guest experiences, accommodations, travel services, and/or operations within the official Olympic Commercial Hospitality Programme. The Director collaborates in developing and driving concepts and event processes across all Olympic workstreams, including but not limited to the Executive Leadership, Ticketing, Event Production, Accommodations, Transportation, Operations, Finance and Accounting, Fulfillment and Technology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Daily management, direction, business operations, and Travel product strategy within the Product Architecture team.
• Ideate, create, maintain, and execute an innovative product architecture for a wide variety of markets that incorporates a simple, strategic, and scalable approach while maintaining and tracking against revenue and profitability goals.
• Develop and maintain a clear structure for communication and collaboration between key internal workstreams for the purposes of creating bundled and a la carte travel packages that may include tickets, hospitality experiences, accommodations, transportation, excursions, gifting, and/or multiple levels of guest services.
• Develop processes and financial models, in collaboration with Finance and Accounting, for building and tracking against revenue and profitability forecasts, operational budgets, pricing, risk and liability management, and more.
• Build and cultivate relationships with partners, vendors, and key stakeholders throughout the Olympic ecosystem.
• Provide leadership and direction while collaborating with leaders across the Olympic workstreams to develop standardized and efficient documented processes, operational training programs, and best practices for the Olympic Commercial Hospitality Programme.
• Expand our ability to identify and track opportunities to improve quality across all product offerings and within the overall customer experience.
• Develop and maintain a mastery of our internal workflow processes and proprietary Inventory Management System(s).
• Work closely with Digital Technology and Sales & Marketing teams to develop strategic ecommerce solutions for our product offerings.
• Provide operational leadership, supervision, mentorship, and support to the team.
• Establish operational accountability (e.g., checklists, quality assurance tests, project management) for the Product team and share best practices across other workstreams.
• Maintain continuous knowledge of the industry to recognize market trends, identify and analyze against competitors, and develop strategies to grow our business.
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Development, documentation, and implementation of specific procedures, systems, and operational efficiencies.
• Develop a clear process of product support specifically related to the needs of Sales & Marketing and Guest Services.
• Maintain a customer-first approach by looking at the entire event ecosystem through the lens of the customer journey.
• Lead by example, model our core values, and set the pace for the rest of the team while inspiring creativity and innovation.
• Communicate expectations and establish clarity regarding job responsibility and task ownership; help the team prioritize, stay focused, and organized.
• Extensive collaboration and communication within the team and across workstreams
• Event operations and execution when/as requested under the guidance of the Operations & Experiences team.
• Situation analysis and decision making.
• Identify, understand, and remove roadblocks.
• Manage key client relationships as needed.
• Identify further sales and service opportunities.
Administrative & Other Responsibilities
• Conduct and/or participate in Team and Leadership Team meetings, as needed.
• Provide leadership / feedback on process development / improvement during meetings.
• Foster an environment for participation and engagement from the Product team and other workstreams.
• Conduct process review/improvement meetings regularly.
• Provide input on performance reviews, bonuses, and merit increases.
• Complete monthly expense reconciliations.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for managing direct reports and carrying out managerial responsibilities according to the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Must be adaptable with work and travel schedule and be available to travel for work which may include extended work hours during nights, weekends, and holidays. International travel may be required throughout the year, including extended periods of remote work within local offices within host cities. Expected travel may range from 25-35% annually and 1-2 months of continuous travel during Olympic games.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee's activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Sports Management, Marketing, Business or a related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Experience in the Travel & Hospitality industry.
• Experience in a management position (minimum of 7+ years), preferably in the travel and hospitality industry in relation to major sporting events.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills – a collaborative style and ability to communicate effectively at all levels with strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
• A proven record of accomplishment of strong personal effectiveness in which imaginative and distinctive leadership have been demonstrated.
• Excellent time-management, organizational and supervisory skills.
• Continually strive for self-development and discovering better means of accomplishing both personal and professional goals.
• Comfortable traveling and working within an international environment.
Preferred Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with International and/or Olympic sporting events.
• Experience working with multiple technology and software platforms, including but not limited to Office 365 platform, Asana, Smartsheet, and other digital collaboration systems.
• Fluent in French and/or Italian.
As the leading experiences company in the world, we strive to be the most innovative and passionate — the best of the best. We uphold these values in our quest for excellence:
• Exceed all service expectations with our customers, our partners, and each other.
• Create value by enriching people's lives.
• Do the right thing and bring others along with us — always.
• Propel the power of diversity, in thought, team and experience.
• Partner to generate win-win solutions.
• Ignite and empower our team's entrepreneurial spirit.
• Exude respect and gratitude — treat others as you would want to be treated.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
On Location is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.