Contrôleur Financier, Olympiques & Paralympiques
The Controller position is responsible for overseeing all aspects our accounting and financial reporting for the Olympics hospitality, travel and ticketing business of On Location Experiences. This position will be based in New York, require some international and domestic travel, and reports to the Chief Accounting Officer.
This position will be responsible for timely and accurate month-end close, compliance with SOX internal control procedures, event related reporting and various ad hoc projects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, familiarity with international accounting (French and Italian preferred), passion for accuracy, strong managerial skills, and an ability to communicate effectively.
This person must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment, adapt on the fly, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Olympics accounting teams
- Liaison with operating/event management team to ensure event performance/deferred assets & liabilities are properly stated
- Review partner settlements for event closeouts
- Prepare of monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting
- Maintain the system of internal controls and ensure accounting transactions are in accordance with GAAP
- Perform and/or review GL account reconciliations as necessary
- Prepare, review and post journal entries
- Assist with quarterly/year-end audit requests
- Respond to various ad-hoc requests
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience, including supervisory experience
- International accounting experience, French and/or Italian preferred
- Experience in the field of sports or hospitality accounting preferred
- Audit experience at a public accounting firm preferred
- Accounting degree required, CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Solid foundation of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes Oxley
- Strong analytical and accounting skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively with the Finance/Accounting department and cross-functionally
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Prior experience with accounting systems such as NetSuite is preferred
- Ability to learn and digest new things quickly
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
Reporting Relationships and Working Conditions (legal):
Reports to the Chief Accounting Officer for daily work and general office issues. Work will take place primarily from home in the short-term but will transition to our New York, NY office in the future. Typical 40 hour work week, with additional hours and weekends required during peak times. International and domestic travel will be required.