Conseiller Juridique H/F
Seeking an attorney with 5+ years’ experience to join the On Location legal team. The On Location portfolio of events includes a mix of sports and entertainment events and this role will be primarily dedicated to On Location’s official relationship with the Paris 2024 Olympic Games. The ideal candidate has transactional experience and has familiarity with a variety of commercial agreements, including sponsorship, venue and vendor agreements. The position will be based in Paris, France, and will report to the General Counsel of On Location.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements, including venue, hospitality, sponsorship, vendor and other agreements, primarily in connection with the Paris 2024 Olympic Games
- Providing real-time advice on business and legal issues relating to Paris 2024 Olympic Games
- Providing problem-solving and decision-making advice on contract and business issues, including questions of contract interpretation and enforcement
- Efficiently managing contract-administration and document-management processes for a variety of contracts
- Liaise with the business so that commercial, pragmatic and salient advice and guidance on business opportunities can be followed at all times
- Drafting and implementing policies and procedures to streamline operations
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborating with and supporting other members of the legal team on a wide array of sports and entertainment events
- Researching and staying up to date on the latest trends and issues for live events
Must be adaptable with work and travel schedule and be available to travel for work which may include extended work hours during nights, weekends, and holidays. This position may require up to 10 % travel with possible travel to the United States.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee's activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Law Degree and ability to practice law in France required
- Fluent in English and French
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at a top law firm and/or corporate legal department, including experience negotiating a variety of commercial agreements and advising senior management on legal issues
- Experience with sponsorship agreements, venue and vendor agreements
- Outstanding drafting, negotiating and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that will enable interaction with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment (including explaining legal concepts to clients and colleagues without legal knowledge, and with limited time)
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk, advise various business units of the risks and exercise sound legal judgement
- Solid analytic skills, creative problem-solving abilities, and a practical business-oriented viewpoint
- A curious mind, a strong work ethic, and a creative but practical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to juggle and prioritize high priority matters and heavy workload
- Ability to work toward deadlines with efficiency and accuracy
- Disciplined and hard-working
As the leading experiences company in the world, we strive to be the most innovative and passionate — the best of the best. We uphold these values in our quest for excellence:
- Exceed all service expectations with our customers, our partners, and each other
- Create value by enriching people's lives
- Do the right thing and bring others along with us — always
- Propel the power of diversity, in thought, team and experience
- Partner to generate win-win solutions
- Ignite and empower our team's entrepreneurial spirit
- Exude respect and gratitude — treat others as you would want to be treated
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a benefits package.
On Location is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic