Business Leadership Course
Accredited by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity, the Business Leadership Course - widely known as 'The BLC' - is HorizonSport’s flagship programme for senior leaders in the sport and physical activity sector. Over four weeks, a select cohort of ten leaders achieve breakthroughs in personal impact and effectiveness. They embed fresh ways of thinking and innovative techniques into their day-to-day business leadership.
Our BLC participants are senior, ambitious leaders – the CEOs of today and tomorrow.
They are shaping the sector, adapting, innovating, and thriving in the face of challenge.
Previous participants have marvelled at the power of the cohort, both during and after the course.
What will I learn?
Each module in the BLC curriculum includes very practical, action-oriented leadership theory, and participants apply new mindsets and techniques to current business issues:
- Study techniques to create and sell a vision that aligns and inspires people, even in the face of uncertainty and cynicism. Build shared commitment and a sense of ownership.
- Discover how to stay poised and present whatever happens, speak with credibility, and impact. Identify 'panic button moments' and how to stay in control.
- Clear the clutter for effective, effortless and enjoyable business planning. Prioritise and de-prioritise. Master how to say no. Reduce frustration and procrastination.
- Learn an efficient and highly structured process to solve problems and make decisions in senior teams and boards. Apply to a live business problem for immediate impact.
- Build motivation and performance in teams – dysfunctional or storming! Explore the power of seeing feedback as a gift. Influence the behaviour of both difficult people and top performers.
- Create a powerful senior network, by challenging and providing new perspectives, wisdom and guidance for each other in the cohort.
Who leads the course?
The HorizonSport coaches and course leaders are business leaders and strategy consultants, each with multiple years of experience in the sector and top-notch expertise and credentials in leadership development.
What does my investment include?
- Workshop days: 09.00 - 16.45 on Wednesday 2 & 30 June 2021 in central London
- Evening sessions: 19.00 - 21.00 on Wednesday 16 & 23 June 2021
- 1:1 executive coaching
- Networking breakfast and lunch will be provided on both workshop days
- Accountability forum
Course Delivery and Approach
Experiential learning guided by expert professional facilitators in a challenging but supportive environment, allowing practical and current business issues to be unpicked in the training room. Underpinned by practical action-orientated leadership theory, participants generate changes in mindset and enlist new techniques to bring about breakthroughs in their leadership thinking.
Our facilitators draw on experience of coaching hundreds of CEOs and other senior leaders. They engage the cohort to challenge and provide alternative perspectives,wisdom and guidance for each other.