Buyer of Sports Rights M/F
Eurosport, a subsidiary of Discovery Communications, brings together fans and athletes through the greatest sporting events. Its channels, Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2, have a combined total of 243 million subscribers throughout 99 countries in Europe, Pacific Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Eurosport.com is Europe’s leading sports news site with up to 23 million visitors per month. Eurosport Player is the subscriber service to Eurosport, enabling unlimited access to the greatest sporting events, available at any time and on all types of digital media in 52 countries. Eurosport Events is specialised in managing and promoting international sporting events. More information is available on our website corporate.eurosport.com.
- Reporting directly to the Rights Acquisitions Senior Director, your main responsibility is the negotiating and monitoring of a number of sports families, as well as contracts with TV agencies.
- In this context, you will handle the negotiation of new contracts, monitoring of current contracts and renegotiation with the various rights holders. You will take care of compliance with allocated budget for all Eurosport media.
- And finally, you will coordinate the information with various internal and external stakeholders.
- You hold a business degree and have at least 5 years of professional experience related to the activity.
- You have an excellent knowledge of the field of ‘Sport’ and the audio visual market.
- You are fluent in English as this will be your working language everyday (oral and written).
- Excellent ability to summarize, analyse, negotiate and build relationships as well as listening skills, adaptability and attention to detail are necessary to succeed in this position.