Senior Digital Product Manager
Over 25 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for live sports. Now, Discovery has re-energised Eurosport to connect fans and athletes around the sports they love.
Delivering quality and live content first, Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms. It combines expertise, passion and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
Core to Eurosport’s strategy for engaging our sports audience is creating authentic, intuitive, and delightful digital products. This role is key to delivering against our strategy.
As Senior Product Manager, Eurosport Digital, you will drive the development and execution of ES digital products on one or more platforms.
You will work closely with development teams to deliver against a product strategy and roadmap, engaging and growing audiences on Eurosport’s video focused properties across a multi-device environment spanning mobile, web, smart TV, OTT devices, tablets, game machines and computers.
This role reports into the VP, ES Digital Products, and will work closely with product, development, editorial, advertising and marketing teams to define and deliver products that will place ES Digital properties ahead of market.
- Lead product teams to success, transcending reporting lines while generating a strong team culture.
- Manage product roadmap for one or more areas, getting internal consensus and incorporating feedback from a range of sources to ensure the right features are delivered at the right time.
- Work with user-experience experts to ensure best-in-class products.
- Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics.
- Prioritise and effectively management development time to maximize return on investment.
- Ensure complex business needs are documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products.
- Provide strong team leadership.
- Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment, utilizing standardized product development processes.
- Contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products.
- Proven experience in product development & technology in a video, media or sport setting.
- Track record of developing market leading products, preferably in the video space.
- Demonstrable experience of web, mobile/tablet or OTT product development.
- Experience of using analytical tools to increase traffic to digital properties.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally savvy audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile product development practices.
- Excellent decision making and judgment.
- Experience of stakeholder management.
- Able to apply sound judgment to make decisions in line overall development strategy and process.
- A passion for Sport and/or a good understanding of the media and sport industries.