|Location||Zürich - Suisse|
|Secteur||Fédérations et Comités sportifs|
|Fonction||Evènementiel et Opérations|
ON THE BALL?
Do you have what it takes to help the newly created Tournaments & Events Division to organise football tournaments throughout the world? FIFA is looking to recruit a highly motivated colleague, as the Director Tournaments.
As part of the Tournaments & Events Division, you will play a key role in the successful operational implementation of tournaments and manage the Subdivision’s team. Jointly with other Directors, you will take the responsibility for the overall result and always act with the big picture in mind.
- Establishing an appropriate operational structure and effective processes and policies; running the administration and managing the team in the Tournaments Subdivision
- Overall responsibility for FIFA U-17 World Cup, FIFA U-20 World Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, FIFA Beach Soccer World, FIFA Futsal World Cup, Olympic Football Tournaments and Youth Olympic Football Tournaments
- Close collaboration with all relevant departments and divisions within FIFA – such as Competitions, Operations and Services, relevant FIFA stakeholders, stadium/venue owners, host associations, local authorities and third-party entities to ensure that the appropriate hosting conditions are provided
- Continuous review and improvement of requirements and regulations of tournaments; collaboration with the FIFA Legal Department in the follow-up on all legal matters related to tournaments and the support of the Chief Officer in ascertaining that activities occur in compliance with applicable local laws and FIFA guidelines/instructions
- Acting as the key point of reference for the Chief Tournaments & Events Officer on all tournaments matters
- Active representation of the Chief Officer on different occasions
- University degree or completed higher education in Business Administration
- Project Management certification & skills
- At least 10 years’ senior operational management experience in organising sport events or in managing a major project, preferably a world class football event
- Excellent knowledge and experience in tournament management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; any other official FIFA language an asset
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work in a passionate and international organisation, please send your complete application via the 'apply now' button.