Communications Executive, Offshore Sailing
|Région||Lorient - France|
|Secteur||Agences et Sponsoring|
|Fonction||Marketing & Communication|
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events management company specializing in professional sailing and outdoor events. It manages competitive teams and provides consultancy to brands, host venues and other events. Our offices in France, Switzerland, the UK and China, form the OC Sport Group.
OC Sport is seeking to appoint a Communications Executive to work as an integral part of the media team for Dongfeng Race Team in the Volvo Ocean Race 2016-17.
This is a challenging and fast paced role requiring extensive world travel alongside an international team. The ideal candidate will be a native English speaker, who is fluent in French.
The correct candidate will have a proven track record of delivering successful communications campaigns (digital and traditional), be confident in creating and sharing content to increase audience figures, have exceptional writing skills for traditional and digital platforms, and be capable of presenting finished work to a ready-to-publish standard in English.
At race stopovers, the Communications Executive will be responsible for coordinating the sailing team’s media schedule, including briefing the team for media requests, and liaising with the race organiser’s communications team to maximize PR opportunities.
We’re looking for a versatile and self-motivated individual, with at least three years experience, ideally in a sports event environment, who is self-motived and creative. You will thrive under pressure and plan ahead to meet deadlines. You will need a flexible approach including weekend work and extensive world travel.
The Communications Executive will report directly to the Communications Manager. This role offers a great challenge, the opportunity to work as part of a committed, friendly and experienced team with big ambitions.
Specifically, the role includes, but is not limited to:
- Development of creative and engaging written content, including, but not limited to, press releases, media packs, editorial content for web, newsletters and social media in English
- Utilising the latest new media innovations and creating content to increase audience size and engagement levels across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- Working alongside the Communications Manager to manage a communications calendar to ensure media and fans are kept informed
- Under the guidance of the Communications Manager, coordinate the sailing team’s media schedule at stopovers, including but not limited to briefing the team for media events, coordinating media requests, coordinating race PR activity with the race organisers communications team and other teams’ Press Officers.
- Regular media monitoring and reporting of global media coverage including social media engagement
- Implementation of the brand guideline tools across all outputs including, but not limited to, online channels, reports, presentations and marketing materials
- Working alongside and briefing the internal OC Sport design team and coordinating deadlines for artwork
- UK or EU National essential
- Native English speaker, who is fluent in French
- Minimum of three years experience working in a fast paced communications role
- Up to speed with the latest new media innovations and confident sharing content to increase audience figures
- Exceptional English writing skills for traditional and digital platforms/capable of presenting finished work to a ready-to-publish standard
- Good reporting skills ie analysis of PR campaigns to show effectiveness
- Ability to work to set deadlines and react as news stories unfold
- Ability to work under own initiative and within a team
- Determined and resourceful and able to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs is essential and Mac operator
- Enjoys significant travel and working with different cultures
- A passion for sport is essential, and knowledge or interest in professional sailing a plus
- Great sense of humour which carries through under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills and self-motivated personality
OC Sport est un groupe international actif sur le marché du marketing et de l'événementiel sportif