The Guinness PRO12 is the most compelling, innovative and competitive club competition in world rugby consisting of the top professional sides in Ireland, Wales, Scotland and Italy.
As part of a major restructuring of the organisation to achieve significant growth objectives under a new strategic plan, there is now an opportunity for a Commercial Director to join the management team at their Dublin based HQ.
Reporting into and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Commercial Director will have overall responsibility for all Guinness PRO12 commercial and marketing operations and revenue generating activities.
Key deliverables in year one will be:
- To identify new sponsorships and partnership opportunities to grow revenue in line with strategic budgets.
- To take overall responsibility for the promotion strategy and ticket sales for our marquee event, the 2017 Guinness Pro12 final at the Aviva Stadium, Dublin
- To successfully develop and lead the Commercial & Marketing team including account management, digital, events and communications staff.
- To continue to develop and project the brand to support strategic and commercial objectives.
The successful candidates should have:
- 8yrs+ experience in sales & marketing, within a Sports or ticketing environment or corporate marketing with an emphasis on sponsorship activation
- High value selling, negotiating and persuasive skills
- Proven track record of sponsorship acquisition.
- Strong evidence of managing and developing key relationships
- Degree/professional qualification
- Given the nature of elite professional sport, be able to travel and work unsociable hours including multiple weekends.
To apply for this position please forward your curriculum vitae together with a brief letter supporting your application to Brónagh McDonald, Managing Director, TRB Associates via the apply button.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 14th October 2016