Communications and Team Assistant H/F
Eurosport is the number one sport destination in Europe, fuelling the passion of fans and connecting them with the greatest sports events in the world. As the Home of the Olympic Games in Europe, Eurosport delivered the ultimate Games experience for PyeongChang 2018 reaching both record linear and digital viewership across localized Eurosport services.
Firmly established as the Home of Cycling, Grand Slam Tennis and Winter Sport, Eurosport channels – Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2 – reach 242 million cumulative subscribers across 75 countries in Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Eurosport.com is Europe’s No 1 online sports news website with an average of 42 million unique users per month and, along with the Eurosport app (available on iOS and Android), the only place to watch Eurosport anytime online, on mobile and on tablet devices. Eurosport Events specializes in the management and promotion of international sporting events.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and ambitious person to join Eurosport, the Home of the Olympics in Europe, as Communications and Team Assistant at its Head Office in Paris, France. With Eurosport – part of Discovery Communications - delivering some of the most popular sports in Europe including tennis, cycling and the very best in winter sports and motorsports, the successful candidate will be a member of the communications team that works in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and will gain experience of working in the media and sport industry.
The role will be within the team managing consumer and corporate communications assisting with promoting Eurosport’s content, products and services – driving more people to sign up and tune-in. The department plays a vital role delivering central communications campaigns, as well as providing essential support to local teams in more than 50 markets.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Maintain communications team media lists
- Assist with press release writing
- On-going media monitoring, ensuring the team is up to date with key breaking news of relevance to Discovery/Eurosport
- Transcription of recorded interviews with key executives / sports personalities
- Participate in idea generation for communications campaigns within team planning sessions and wider work
- Support on internal communications activity, working to the Internal Communications Manager
- Team planning and diary management, ensuring the smooth administration of the communications department
- Draft and distribute meeting agendas and minutes
- Invoice processing
- Team meeting organisation, including scheduling and managing team conferences and video conferences
- Team travel and holiday admin management and expense management
- Reporting of communications activities and coverage
The ideal candidate will be required to be hard-working, reliable and a team player. At what is an extremely busy time for the business, an ability to be proactive and collaboratively is desired.
A passion for sport and a desire to be part of delivering outstanding campaigns essential. A basic knowledge of the media and communications disciplines and industries is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- French is not mandatory but beneficial
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of digital and social media
- Well organised
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- An ability to be proactive